
So today I stayed home from work because Clancee was sick. Last night she came down with a fever and said that her body and head hurt. She had a rough night of sleep as she woke up with a fever of 102 degrees. I gave her some medicine but that did not seem to help. An hour and 15 minutes later, she started to cool off and fell back to sleep.

She had a rough day as she has spent most of it on the couch watching TV. Around noon her fever was 101 and this time the medicine seem to work much faster. Since then I have given it to her every 5 hours to help manage it. She started off the day not eating anything but as I have kept the medicine down she has ate pretty good. I am not sure if I should take her to the doctor or not. She is sounding congested and says her throat hurts when she swallows, but I can't tell if it is an infection or not. She says her ears do not hurt (she has said this before when they were infected.) This is the hardest part about being a parent is knowing when to take your child to the doctor. Any advice?
1 comment:
I'd see how she is doing tomorrow and go from there. I think the docs recommend coming in after 48 hours if fever continues. Look at her throat and see what color it is. I tend to be a bit cautious after Brent's strep throat last August that sent him to the hospital for 2 nights on IV antibiotics. Good luck and let us know how she is doing.
Post a Comment