Saturday, September 13, 2008

Not One But Two Goals........

Earlier in the week I made a deal with Clancee that if she scored a goal in her soccer game that we would take her to Maggie Moos for ice cream (her favorite spot for treats).

As the game got closer, I noticed that she wanted to negotiate with me on the deal. She would say things like, "what if I don't score in the game" and "does soccer practice count"? I could tell she was trying to find an easier way to get ice cream.

The game started this morning, and I could tell she was nervous about the challenge. In fact, before the game, her and Pat were kicking the ball back and forth and she wouldn't kick it in the goal -- only back to him. She said she did not want to kick it in the goal!

However, mid-way through the first half, she broke out of the pack and off the races she went with the soccer ball and before we knew it she had scored a goal. Everyone cheered and even she looked surprise.

Then to top things off, in the second half she scored again. This time, racing down the field with another boy right by her side trying to stop her. She just keep on kicking the ball until he went right in the goal. Two scores in the same game. She was so proud. I guess you could say that we might owe her two trips to Maggie Moos for ice cream. The good news is that she is too little to put two and two together!

So on Monday night, we will head to Maggie Moos for ice cream. Way to go Clancee!

No comments: