Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2nd Grade Atlast

Today was Clancee's first day of 2nd grade. She was so excited for school to start. She was bouncing off the walls this morning of excitement. She has lots of friends in her class so that probably helped. It was also her first day of Spanish Immersion. She has a Spanish teacher and an English teacher and she spends every other day learning each subject.
She loves her backpack that Grandma bought for her. I had told her that she needed to use the same bag she had from last year and she didn't like that idea, so when she went to Idaho she talked Grandma into going school shopping where she got lots of new clothes and this backpack. She loves it because it has a big "C" on the back of it for Clancee. She also loves it because it is a "backpack" and not a book bag like she has had the past 2 years! This morning she made me curl her hair with the back pack on her back -- that was not easy!
Before school started she made a trip to the dentist (AKA Uncle Chad) where he pulled her two front teeth. She is now toothless! She is awful cute with no front teeth.
She was pretty excited to wear her new outfit to school. She told me that lots of kids at school told her she looked cute.
She called me after her first day of school and we talked for a while on the phone. I asked her if she learned any new Spanish words today and she told me yes. I asked what they were and she told me, "I would tell you, but you wouldn't understand them, so what is the point." She did have a good point!

With Spanish Immersion she will be in this program until Junior High. I'm looking forward to her learning a new language but not looking forward to the homework. Wish me luck considering I won't be any help when it comes to Spanish.

1 comment:

Seat Family said...

She is so stinkin' cute! I'm glad she had a good first day. :)