
Yesterday was Clancee's first day of school. She has officially started 1st grade. It appears she is having a good time in her class and she likes her teacher. The night before school started we went to the school and met her teacher. Clancee thought she was really nice.

The first day of school when we got to the classroom door, Clancee stopped and told me that she was scared to go inside. I talked with her a little while outside the classroom door and then she saw a boy go inside and then she went right on in and was just fine. She got home that day and talked non-stop about her class and her teacher.

On the first day of school, she was so excited to eat/buy lunch at the school. When she got home, she told me that she missed recess because she was still in the lunchroom eating her lunch! I'm not sure if the lunch line was long or if she was enjoying it so much that she didn't realize she was on a schedule. Today, she told me that she hurried and ate her chicken sandwich and a cookie and then went outside to play! I also thought it was funny that after the first day, she asked if she could bring a lunch from home because the school lunch was not very good. I told her no, because I had already paid for the school lunch. It should be interesting to see how "school lunch" goes during the school year.

She picked out her "first day of school" outfit all by herself at the store. I took her back to school shopping and she told me right when she saw it that she wanted to wear this on the first day of school. Usually it is a fight what she wears on the first day, but this year it went smooth.

On the second day of school, she wasn't sure were exactly she needed to meet her teacher in the morning. So instead of dropping her off, I parked the car and walked back there with her and showed her where to go and found her class. I was amazed at what a zoo it was back there. There were kids everywhere - big and small. I see why it was a little intimidating for a 1st grader. I know understand how she says "I couldn't find my friends" during recess. It was crazy. We will see how it goes tomorrow and the rest of the school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment