
Today was Clancee's last day of swimming lessons. She started taking lessons two weeks ago at the rec. center and I was impressed by how good of a swimmer she had become during that time. I'm not a fan of group lessons, but I think it served her well. She saw the other kids trying and she became less scared. After her first lesson, she told me that at the beginning of it she was scared. I wasn't sure how this was going to go, but she did great as the weeks went along.

This is Clancee at one of her first couple of lessons when they were teaching the kids to do "bobs" in the water (you basically go under the water). She got to the point were not only could she do that but she could do the front glide (glide while kicking feet) and also "ice cream scoops" (the swimming motion with your arms).

She could go pretty far. I was impressed at the improvement that she had made. She still has a ways to go before I would say that she is swimming, but she is well on her way. I do think that I will sign her up again for lessons later in the summer -- if I can get in again.

This is Clancee and her teacher Jamie doing the back float. She was better on her stomach than on her back. She still hasn't got the "arch" concept yet.

Another picture of Clancee swmming at lessons. Overall, I was pleasently surprised at the improvement that she had made. She went from being scared to put her face in the water to swimming like a fish.....
No comments:
Post a Comment