Friday, August 28, 2009

Off To School She Goes

Yesterday was Clancee's first day of Kindergarten and she was excited. She was all decked out in a new outfit and mom even got to come home and get her ready for school. After I did her hair and took pictures, she could not wait to go to school. In fact, she walked out the door without me. I finally made it outside and realize that she had started walking to school and had already passed two houses. As I yelled for her to wait for me, she started walking faster. Pat and I were laughing so hard at our Kindergartener who was going to the first day of school by herself. I felt like she was already in high school and didn't want to be seen with her mother. I continued to follow her and she continued to make sure she was miles ahead of me. She finally got the crossing guard where she had to wait for me to catch-up. She waited and together we found her teacher.


When school started, the teacher made all the kids line-up outside and the parents got to wave good-bye as the kids went inside. As you can see, she is one of the tallest kids in the class.


Do you like Clancee's Girls Rock" school bag. It totally matched her outfit that she wore to school. She looked fabulous. It was a fight to get her to wear this as she was wanted to wear another outfit that wasn't nearly as cute as this -- it also didn't match her school bag. It was brown poke a dots. :)
Clancee loved school. She has talked about it nonstop. She said she had a great time. She even got called on in class to do the calendar. She told the teacher it was sunny outside and she was correct. She colored a hat that said, "School is Cool".
That night, she asked me if she could walk to school the next day by herself....LOL. I told her no and she got mad and said, why not. I told her it wasn't a good idea and she said she could make it by herself. Little miss independent. Needless to say, she will be walking with someone to school, everyday.

After I got back from dropping her off at school for her first day, I felt a little sad. I couldn't believe my "baby" was starting school. I came home and started to cry. It seems like yesterday she was just born. I can't believe she is growing up so fast. Where does the time go?

1 comment:

Princess Academy said...

lol love how she was trying to ditch you I still have one more year and I think I will cry too She's beautiful LOVE the outfit nice choice mom