Saturday, July 25, 2009

Pioneer Day 2009

Yesterday was Pioneer Day in the State of Utah. You celebrate it very similar to the 4th of July. Families usually get together and BBQ and then light fireworks. This year, we had the Pat's sister's family over for some food and fireworks. It was very similar to our 4th of July party.

All of the neighbor kids wanted to come out and see our fireworks display. I think we had most of the kids on our street out to view the fireworks. It was a good thing we had enough sparklers for everyone (Thanks Paul and Michelle). The above picture is Clancee, Ali and Blake. They all live on the same street.
This is Madision, Clancee, Ali and Blake watching the fireworks show. They would cheer, scream and sometimes even boo when the fireworks would go off. It was a tough crowd.
Clancee and some of the neighborhood kids doing fireworks.
Sparkler fun. It got kind of scary for the parents as we saw all these kids with sparklers not watching where they were going and who they were close too. Luckly no one got hurt.
It was a fun night. The best part was that Madison got to spend the night afterwards with Clancee. They had a great time. All Clancee can now talk about is the next sleep over that she is going to have with Madison. I think I might have started something.

1 comment:

Princess Academy said...

it looks like a great time I love that Clancee has so many darling friends so close