Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Foxes do Yellowstone!

In June we went on a family vacation to Yellowstone National Park. You would think that in June that we would have experienced warm temperatures -- Right? Wrong. It was freezing. In fact, it snowed on us everyday in the park. Not just a few snowflakes but enough to close down the roads within the park. It was a good thing that I packed our winter coats for our summer vacation. We still managed to have a great time. Both Pat and I love Yellowstone and all the wildlife. We saw everything including Buffalo, Moose, Deer, Elk and even a Bear. It was fun.
So this ugly coyote was two feet away from my window and was looking for food. I was scared that he was going to bit me while I took his picture. He was cold and wet and looked a little lost.

Jr. Ranger in Training! Clancee is checking out the buffalo that are outside of her window. I don't know how much she can see considering her eyes are closed.
While on our trip, we stayed in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. While in Jackson we enjoyed good food, shopping and even watched a movie. For those that have been to Jackson Hole, I'm sure that you recognized this area with the Elk antlers....Its popular for pictures. We had a good time and look forward to going back someday.

5 comments:

Shaun and Tonya said...

Since when has Syd become so outdoorsey?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying :)

Karyl said...

Syd, how many "mouse" did you see in Yellowstone? ;) And that is one seriously ugly coyote..he must have been really hungry to get so close, they are nasty creatures. Glad to see that now we have you both hooked on blogging.

Fox Family said...

I was so scared of the Coyote that I didn't even want to roll down my window because he was so close.... but all Pat could say was -- get a picture....Hurry.....He wont' hurt you.

Fox Family said...

One Moose....no "mouse"